Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Carpe Diem






Pic 1 - With Nico, Jenny, Andrei and Ashley

Pic 2 - with Rudy

Pic 3 - 'The kings joker changing the light of the universe'

Pic 4 & 5 - Some of his other pieces of art.


One of the new recruits (from @ BV), Rudy, invited us to his art exposition, ‘Carpe Diem’ on Monday. I don’t know much about the subject but I appreciate a fine piece of art, so I thought it would be interesting. Besides, he told us he had chosen Queen and the Beatles as background music. :)

The evening started with the Director of the gallery talking about Rudy and how gifted he is for his age(22). Then Rudy stepped up for his speech and he also made a special mention of his three international guests! :) A friend of his was capturing every moment for a documentary Rudy is making about a day in the life of an artist. Yes!! Finally, my 15 minutes of fame! :P

Like I mentioned earlier, I don’t know much about art, but you don’t have to to see that this guy is really talented. My favourite was the one called (when translated into English) ‘the kings joker who is switching the light of the universe’. I loved the colours and the strokes used in the painting, there is a specific term for it, which I do not remember anymore.

After that we made our way into an auditorium to watch a short film. It started off with images of people praying from different parts of the world. (mainly from smaller towns and villages) I always get shivers when I see images that describe the enormity of the world, things like a grand waterfall or a gigantic mountain range and with the right background music that can be eerie. So that slowly flowed into scenes of tribes from Australia, South America and Africa dancing and performing their rituals. Something that struck me while watching the different tribes was that, we are all so similar yet we spend so much of time on needling out the differences that exist between us and arguing over them. I mean we all love our parents and want to be happy and want to protect the people we care about. Right!?

(For some reason I am not able to write exactly what I am thinking, which is frustrating)

Anyway, we had to leave before the movie ended, but the movie continues to show how civilization is slowly working its way into the unexplored and undiscovered parts of the globe.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home